Saturday, January 25, 2020

SUNDAY MUSE #92

Sunday Muse offers us an oasis
in the desert.  I’m getting ready to
move, and the photo seemed a bit
prophetic.  For reasons unknown,
this irreverent ditty came to mind.
Submitted to the Sunday Muse
January 25, 2020
***********


an author I read long ago said
“Image your way to success”
the girl decided to try it out
and it worked for her, more or less

whatever she did, she undertook
to give it her very best
picturing herself successful
until she was, I guess

I haven’t seen her lately
apparently she imaged away
to the land of sunshine and happy
….at least that’s what they say.

and then there was that other girl
who always expected the worst
when it came to imaging
she got the roles reversed

“I’d probably end up some awful place”
she said, “heaven forbid”
she imaged herself in that dreadful place
and that’s where she ended … she did.

13 comments:

  1. This is so completely true. Perspective is everything. Yet the one who expected bad things would never believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you told this truth so poetically Beverly! Attitude and what we believe can have such a big impact on our destination. Always a pleasure to see you at the Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. We are what we think and create our own destiny. So well put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. A perfect parable for the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mind is a compass, taking you where your thoughts ride. A powerful message here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I wonder... to be a little bit pessimistic can also be good, at least then you are always positively surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Bjorn. I'm a big proponent of "What you see is what you get!"

      Delete
  7. Goodness..It is all in perspective...I can't reach the stars if I believe I am destined to be a mud dweller. Oh, and I have my pessimism. It keeps me balanced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an excellent attitude, Bev. I keep striving for one.

    ReplyDelete