Tuesday, December 12, 2017

FIRESIDE MUSING


A contemplative poem on a COLD winter day.
Submitted to dVerse
Poetics Tuesday
December 12, 2017
***********

How I wish I could capture the world that I see
And relay to others what it says to me
How it settles me into my comfortable groove
Warmed by the fireplace, too lazy to move
That new fallen snow can cast a spell
A promise of new beginnings and all that ends well
That sunrise assures me another day
To explore and experience what  I may
And rainbows are blessings that follow rain
To let me know sunshine will come again
That music transports me to far-away places
And brings to memory beloved faces
That birds are feathered miracles sent to remind us
That faith can help us put sorrow behind us
And surely as leaves fall and winter winds blow
Spring will follow with renewed life to show
How I wish I could capture this world that I see
And relay to others what it says to me.
***************

8 comments:

  1. Ah....but your words and emotions have captured it here. A beautiful post recounting our blessings, if we but take the time to realize them. I especially like these words:
    "That music transports me to far-away places
    And brings to memory beloved faces"
    This is how I feel about the Christmas season in our home....our small "memory tree" -- with ornaments from my mother's and father's trees when they were little; one made by my brother when he was in first grade (he was 9 years older than me and died far too young at 51)....there is a peacefulness in looking at it, especially in the early morning. For me, it's a Chrismas musing -- we have no fireplace...but it is contemplating the beauty that is with us if we but look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a fireplace too (now with a gas insert)--those flames do captivate, and partially compensate, and nurture positive vibes & grooves, Nice response to the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sit beside you, with that warm fireplace, while you are reading this poem ~ Such a reasurring and wonderful world it is, one season after another~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sound and optimistic sentiment. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Bev, I love my comfortable groove too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you did... you did relay this to me... and I so much needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorites "That birds are feathered miracles sent to remind us
    That faith can help us put sorrow behind us". Your words like the song, cradles me in this winter weather. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete