Monday, February 10, 2020

PHIL-OSOPHY

De hosts today’s Quadrille #97.  We’re
to feature the word FILL in exactly
44 words.  I took a bit of largess with
the spelling.
Submitted to dVerse
February 10, 2020
**************

Philomena tired of Phillip’s philandering
his forays would fill a book
Phil was a rank philogynist
she was bereft, betrayed, forsook. 
   
Philomena turned to philosophy
sadly her options seemed to be nil
at last she became so desperate
she decided to call Dr. Phil.

**********
Image from CanStock ClipArt

17 comments:

  1. I like the word philogynist. Good philling frases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Philomena! I love how you filled the poem with Phils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I like the word play in this piece. I also enjoyed the lightheartedness. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! The rhythm and the humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever use of the word Phil! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee! You had so much fun with this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 😊luv your quadrille, witty

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  8. A classic play of 'P' within the limited space. Thoughtful write Beverly!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many ways to fill your life... but philandering Phil is not a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the play of words beginning with "P".

    ReplyDelete