Thursday, June 24, 2021

STRAWBERRY MOON

 Strawberry moon, sometimes known as pink moon,  the last  full moon of 2021. is thought to announce that strawberries are ripe for picking.


                                                                  STRAWBERRY MOON

Barefoot in the garden strawberry patch

 after last night’s strawberry moon signaled

 the strawberries are plump and rosy,

 ready for picking.

  Bending to find the ruby gifts,

 my soul is at peace and worries fall away.

  There is a reassurance that comes

 with gathering garden bounty;

 the knowing that season follows season,

 marked by the phases of the moon.   

Serenaded by birdsong,

 working companionably with bees harvesting honey,

 and butterflies sipping nectar,

 my toes happy in the prairie dirt,

 I’m grateful for yet another strawberry moon…. 

and treat myself to that last plump, juicy gift.   





15 comments:

  1. Plumptious fruit and happy toes in the dirt- perfect Bev...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pink moon it is! Enjoy the gift Bev. We wrote about the same strawberry moon.

    Have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The epitome of summer from the ground to the sky! Add fireflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful poem, loved the images, and now i'm craving strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely, strawberry moon and strawberries in the garden. I love all this nature description of birds and bees and butterflies. :) We've also harvested some strawberries from our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the beautiful strawberry moon. After reading your poem I ran to look outside, I think the moon is hiding behind the trees I will have to wait for it rise. I did, however, just see a shooting star. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the reminder to get out and pick some strawberries :-) A beautiful poem of accepting the seasons as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful poem of the natural world.
    We're past strawberry season here in NJ, and I missed seeing the moon, but I know it's out there. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strawberries mean summer, and I love the image of your enmeshed in the natural world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your communion with nature here, Beverly, where every thing means something else and it's all connected. Nothing beats fresh picked strawberries for taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely delightful!!💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  12. Midsummer is the time for strawberries... we have feasted on them over the weekend... alas none we can pick in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah, blogger ate my comment. enjoyed this - sweet as that red fruit ~

    ReplyDelete