Sunday, April 11, 2021

GOODBYES AND WHYS

 Writers’ Pantry #65 and I find myself in a bit of a funk, and my muse wandering off in the rain somewhere.  Submitted to Poets & Storytellers United   April 11, 2021

*************************

GOODBYES AND WHYS

Another dear friend has transitioned

to the what-comes-after

Longevity

is filled with so many goodbyes.

If karma exists,

it’s taking me longer 

to learn this life lesson than they.

It is comforting, however, to know

when I arrive 

there will be a veritable chorus

of welcomes awaiting.

12 comments:

  1. The world is blessed to have your life philosophy ~~~ you must linger longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your muse was right there on your shoulder! This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typically warm-hearted and very nicely done Beverly. Gave me a good feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. To know that a welcome awaits is a comfort indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling the same way lately. I know at least one of my friends had a pretty good singing voice when she had her go-round on the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loss is always such a terrible thin... It is good to remember that we weren't the first. So we won't have to be alone when our time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly hope there will be a few friends and rellies waiting for me up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fact of life has been on my mind more frequently nowadays. It's a bit more complicated when one is alone, but they can take comfort in knowing they won't be when they get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful feeling that all these welcomes will await us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this – being somewhat in the same position myself. And because you have said it so well. Hard to pick out particular lines or phrases in a poem full of them, but 'Longevity / is filled with so many goodbyes' really struck home, and I love the picture you conjure at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think the muse is with you, this is such a lovely poem. No regrets, no dread. And i like the image you painted at the end.

    ReplyDelete