Friday, January 7, 2022

CHRISTMAS ODDESSY

 FRIDAY WRITINGS  and here we are in 2122.  I had a rather rocky ride, which I've tried to put in humorous rhyme.  Submitted to Poets & Storytellers United, January 7, 2122

**************************************

MY CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR ODDESSY


2021 is finally over, how do I begin

to explain the trouble I was in?

Painful as it is to write it down,

my ‘22 ball-wear was a hospital gown!

Seemed they drew blood a million tests about

Thank heaven they finished before I ran out! 


Four days then home, goodbye with a grin

Two days hello, I was back in again

Seemed to me my worst fears now became whole

I’d fallen down the dreaded medical rathole

"Try these meds", they suggested, which didn’t thrill me

I thought to my soul they were trying to kill me.


At last we’ve adjusted, and I’m still alive

My resolution for 2022?  I just hope to survive!

And to my dear friends, all gathered here

I wish you the happiest, happiest new year!

13 comments:

  1. I am so glad you came through such a bumpy transition in one piece (even if a tad exsanguinated). May you enjoy peace and good health in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a bit of rough time bev, and i'm sorry to hear that, but the tone of your poem suggests you are feeling better, and i'm glad to hear it, be well bev, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours was a journey of enormous proportion ~ thrilled you survived it with all that wit and charm intact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More power to you for keeping your humour in the face of all that!

    Long may you – and, indeed, all of us – continue to survive, laugh, and write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine! Can't keep you down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting meds correct is hard but a necessity for life for so many. I'm glad this last bought brought good results. We'll have to exchange med lists sometime, okay?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care Bev...Glad you are feeling a little better...Nice to be all back together again.Happy New year !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blessing that came out of this unexpected and unwelcome New Year's "treat"? You could write about it! Have a wonderfully fruitful writing year in 2022, Beverly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're much better and are writing about your experience. Wish you the very best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish for you a healthy new year. "A hospital is no place for a sick person," somebody said.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, goodness! I hope they've figured out what's wrong and how to make it better. New Year's in the hospital is just not cool. I hope 2022 brings you health, smiles, and a bunch of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want to read more of your poetry!
    May you have a safe and healthy 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job. I resolve to stay out of the medical rathole. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete