Friday, January 21, 2022

ESCAPE

It's the dreary days of winter.  No snow to pretty it up, but the sun is shining and the days are growing longer!  Odd things come to mind.  If my husband were living, this would be his 102nd birthday!   My mind wanders to mystical places and magical climes, so I'll take you along.  Submitted to Poets and Storytellers United, January 21, 2022.   

******************



there’s a Spring called Weekiwachee

 a spiral called Fibonacci

and a mysterious land called Xanadu


there are verdant hills in Shangri-La

dramas and mysteries in Camelot

and behind the mists is Brigadoon


I want to escape the pandemic

visit these lands euphemic

and become carefree once more


in the healing world of Avalon

with Eldorado’s golden aisles to walk upon

come along, let’s escape and explore.



14 comments:

  1. Hand in hand, let us wander .. Camelot, Avalon, Xanadu ... sighs for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use a good utopia right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, lets go, i'm packed and ready to go... this is lovely bev, and i'm feeling your groove here, i could use a break from all the nonsense of the world too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, and we know where to find them, don't we? In dreams sleeping or waking, in imagination, in story, in the inner self ... and right here, in poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our day will come again, Bev.
    "... hills in Shangri-La..." gets me excited, I'd go. Been to
    Brigadoon, the b bridge was nice but the land was depleted.
    Thank you for your comment in verse, it fit very aptly, rhymed too!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. A charming invitation. To wonderful adventures.
    Nice one Bev

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would really be nice to escape the grim covid reality and explore fantasy lands... !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Escaping the current madness, even if just for a reading while sounds like a perfect thing to me. Our minds and hearts need a rest. I hope your husband had a fantastic birthday, in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only escape ia the place in between the ears

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poets can always escape to wherever they want to go---what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. for reasons that escape me, I've never read C.S.Lewis' Narnia books. You've piqued my curiosity!

      Delete
  12. I'd like to visit all those mystical places, escape this pandemic land.

    ReplyDelete