Monday, October 7, 2019

MIND SET

Quadrille #89. Our poem is to feature
the word “set” in exactly 44 words.
This one is dedicated to my father.
Daddy’s gone now, but he’ll appreciate this one!
Submitted to dVerse
October 7, 2019
***************
The photo is of my parents' hands
on their 50th wedding anniversary.
****************



No need for communication
Clearly her mind was set
Nevertheless he loved his woman
Stubborn as a woman can get
For fifty years he’d hankered
Just once she’d let him be right
As usual, he patted her bottom,
Kissed her, and said “Good night.”

11 comments:

  1. This is both cute and funny, sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Beverly, what a lovely snapshot, both in photo and verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice rhyme, meter and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet and funny image/memory of your parents. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in relationships like that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely photo and the poem made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bery sweet, and brimming with love Bev! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a sweet snapshot of a long and happy married life, Bev! My dad used to pat my mum’s bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love this... the picture and how much it must have meant for such friendship

    ReplyDelete