Thursday, April 13, 2017

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

A bit of tongue-in-cheek rhyming
(a limerick perhaps?) for this week's
Poetry Pantry
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/
Submitted April 16, 2017


A man for all seasons
Keeps secret his reasons
Until his game has been played.

Ladies fall for his charms
When held in his arms
But they’re destined to be betrayed

For him love’s a contest
His joy is in the conquest
But then he’s off and away.

The sweet words he’s spoken
Leave the ladies heartbroken
But much smarter too, they say.

*******************

13 comments:

  1. I've known him, he is a lesson so many of us need to learn.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminded me of the song The Sadder But Wiser Girl from the Music Man. Oh this guy does have lessons to teach if you are unfortunate enough to fall for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is apt. There are many like him. Love the clever rhyming in this, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling. Enjoyed this thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I do know the type. You have described him well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes.. I have met such men.. You give an apt description.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be him for a day! I am always heartbroken haha. Just kidding. Thanks for the smile, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv that last verse. The bitter pill for healing wisdom

    Thanks for dropping by my Sunday Standard this week
    Happy Easter Bev

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete