Saturday, June 20, 2020

Sunday Muse #113

Sunday Muse #113 and I’m
Inspired by the second photo.
Submitted to the Sunday Muse
June 20, 2020
************

It’s me, Lord, can we talk?
Things are an awful mess
We can’t tell truth from fiction
Anymore, we have to guess

He whom we call our leader
Speaks with fork-ed tongue
We need a unifying voice
Instead he’s flinging dung

Please send us a man of honor
Someone who really cares
About the country’s people
And not just stocks and shares

Seems we’ve strayed far afield
Your commandments have been forgotten
We’re a bushel of shiny red apples
Give us wisdom to weed out the rotten

10 comments:

  1. I never anticipated a political poem from these, but that's the beauty of Sunday Muse...you can say whatever it leads you to! Always nice to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My eye was drawn immediately to the caped supplicant, and my muse quickly provided the words! Strange (and interesting), it seems so far I'm the only one who chose the second image.

      Delete
  2. Had to chuckle at Shay's comment ... and agree the translation of the Sunday Muse challenge lies in the eye of the beholder. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done and beautifully spoken Beverly. He does fling dung indeed and I love that you said it just that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100%. This country has strayed far afield. I hope that changes take place with the next election.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heartfelt petition really brings out the photo's tension--you can feel the plea building in her expression. And now I'm picturing a certain person as Snow White's mother (wrong fairy tale, I know), holding out a superbly rotten apple while explaining it's the biggest, shiniest, prize-winning apple ever and wouldn't we like a bite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I echo your prayer. He must go. He is sickening the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And now the Golden rule is forgotten by Christians and the wearing of face mask. Seems they might all be ultra c.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this, especially your ending!

    ReplyDelete