Wednesday, June 24, 2020

WORD SALAD

We're to consider the unexpected at
Weekly Scriblings this Wednesday.
I had an unexpected midnight epiphany,
and peculiar rhyming words kept
popping into my head.  Forgive my
unexpected nonsense!
Submitted to Poets & Storytellers United
June 13, 2020
***************


Tickle me a ditty
Any tick’ll  do
I’ll try to make it pretty
And make it rhyme too.

I’ll make it quite spectacular
A sight for all  to see
And in the vernacular
You’ll be pleased to a T

If you’re not particular
And you don’t mind the style
I can make it lenticular
At least for a while

I can make it quite jocular
We all need a smile
You called it cuticular
And missed by a mile

I’ll make it reticular
And you’d best hope I’m done
What’s left is testicular
And that’s not any fun.

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! Good job, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this was fun to read. I kind of want it set to music too. There's a feel of a drinking song about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG ... this is hysterical! And made me giggle out loud. Nice rhyming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha I absolutely love this!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun read until the last stanza. It made me a bit cautious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hilarious poem this is Bev...I laughed all the way through,

    ReplyDelete