Saturday, February 27, 2021

ASSIMILATION

 It's Sunday Muse #149, and time to be inspired by the photo given.   This week's photo reminds me the veil of restriction is being slowly lifted, albeit with caution.  I'm wondering how I will respond.



The veil is lifting, and newscasts are encouraging.  This has caused me concern about my re-assimilation into life. 

I fear, for example, the first time I’m in a group I will babble senselessly, euphoric at the pure pleasure of human contact.  I will want to hug everyone, shake every hand, and just reach out and touch because I can.  

I know I won’t recognize new acquaintances because I’ve ever only seen their eyes.  

I have so much information stored to share I will want EVERYONE to come over for coffee and conversation.  

Most worrisome…….. will I adjust to wearing a bra again?   


11 comments:

  1. You made me think, you made me laugh — and you made impeccable sense Bev — wonderful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is much to look forward to my friend. That last line made me laugh!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I won't! I think I've worn one maybe a dozen times since I retired in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, it's coming ... I can picture you running thru the streets of your neighborhood like the 'town crier' .... you are going to need that bra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll come, if I get my Mustang going again. Surprise at the last, why change?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. "re-assimilation" the new challenge indeed

    Happy Sunday

    Much💗love

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, that last line. Same. And the hope was wonderful--I've been wondering if I will ever trust anyone in my family again after this debacle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to remember how to take a shower and get dressed in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who admitted she just slept in the sweats she wore all day. "Who'd know?", she said!

      Delete
  9. I feel this. How will I be when the gate opens, wild or subdued. Oh the bra thing...didn't love it before the world locked us up.

    ReplyDelete