Weekly Scribblings, and Rommy asks us to write in the form of a list. It occurs to me I need a list to remind me which musical tone in our new home is telling me what. As I compile the list, I’m wondering if any of us remember what silence is!
1. The musical beep from the stove when it has reached the heat level requested.
2. The slightly different tone from the Air Fryer when it’s reached requested level, the second double beep when it’s time to turn the food items over, and the final multiple beep when the cycle is completed.
3. The happy little tones of our Roomba leaving her station for cleaning duty, and her different little tones when she’s returned to her docking station for recharging.
4. The washing machine signaling its cycle is complete.
5. The dryer with its companion signal when drying time has expired.
6. The Ring signal from our surveillance system to let us know someone is at the door.
7. The beep of the Echo monitor in the kitchen when it has a message.
8. The sweet tone of my Alexa monitor in my office reminding me to check the washer, the dryer, the stove or whichever bell and whistle I have managed to ignore!
9. The voice of the Alexa monitor in my bedroom giving me the weather update.
10. The musical tone from my iPhone when someone has left a message.
11. The different musical tones when I have an incoming call.
12. Occasional alarming tones when scammers are alerting me my computer is going to implode if I don’t respond to their request.
13. The chimes of the grandfather clock marking the hours of my life.
14. The tune of the upstairs clock that plays a classical tune every hour on t he hour.
Indeed, do you hear what I hear?