Tuesday, May 25, 2021

IN-TITLE- MEANT

Poetics Tuesday, and Mish has given us a delicious list of quotes from popular movies, and suggests we choose one to be included in our poem.  I'm afraid I've over-achieved.  Submitted May 25, 2021

**********************

My Precious, 

Where we’re going we don’t need roads,  

We’re headed to infinity and beyond.  

Everything the light touches is our kingdom.  

I’m your huckleberry---a glass case of emotion.  

You complete me.  Every time a bell rings, 

listen to the children of the night.  

What music they make!  

You like jazz, the stuff dreams are made of ?  

I don’t want to survive, I want to live.  After all, 

tomorrow is another day and you can’t be a 

proper writer without a  touch of madness.  

You’ll need a bigger boat to round up the usual suspects.

 Go ahead, make my day. I don’t know how to quit you.

23 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! A wonderful amalgamation of quotes here .. which meld together.. to form new meaning! I must have watched 'Back to the Future,' a hundred times. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winner takes all ~~~ that would be YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well someone just had to do it and I'm not surprised it was you, Bev. Cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great. Good use of the prompts. Nice blend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mashed up ALL the movies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've earned a blue ribbon for this one, Beverly. It's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did it all. Impressive Bev!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, you roped everything in, Bev! And how beautifully and smoothly it was done!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellently woven! I love what you did here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you made all these quotes fit together. :) Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. and someone got to use them all. brilliant!!! especially these lines - tomorrow is another day and you can’t be a

    proper writer without a touch of madness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a fun read! Clever title as well! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  13. With tongue in cheek, you wonderfully "overachieved"; a bold and clever and humorous read. I have a book of movie quotes, thousands of them. The prompt was great fun, as was your poem

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! your really took it around the world and back! I love it. Great use of all the prompts Beverly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you integrated them all... someone had to do it, I'm glad it's upi

    ReplyDelete
  16. How very clever of you Bev ☺️💕 Well done 👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is very clever and was enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever! Seamlessly incorporated :)

    Sunra Rainz (www.sunrarainz.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is a masterpiece of cleverness, Bev.

    ReplyDelete