Sunday, August 1, 2021

SPEECHLESS

Writers' Pantry #81 and my muse is suffering from a severe case of speechless, and refuses to help me with some bit of titillating rhyme.  I can only describe my sorry state.  Submitted to Poets and  Storytellers United, August 1, 2021.  (Art is my own).




SPEECHLESS

Good morning, Muse, and what’s on your mind

Others have poeted, and we’re quite behind

They’ve been very eloquent and ever so wise

And here we are, seemingly fresh out of tries.

Heaven knows we’re capable of a powerful write

So, why are we coming up only with trite?

Memories like dust motes captured in sunbeams

Fail to inspire me this morning, it seems

Perhaps love words, romantic and tender

Rapturous words of sesquipedalian splendor

I’m certain I have something of import to say

…...but for now I’ll save it for some future day.

9 comments:

  1. You and your muse have the yummiest sense of humor. I love how your speechlessness says so much. And I love your use of "poeted".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You call this stumbling and stammering and coming up empty? Dream on! This is such fun to read, Beverly. Thanks a bunch to you and your sweet muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ebb and flow. I once wrote a want-ad poem: Muse Wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is hoping you come up with something IMPORTANT. But I quite like the trivial and foolish writes as well. Probably because I indulge in those also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trivial and foolish? Ouch! Here I was thinking they were clever humor...................

      Delete
  5. Lucky you, as your muse was preparing something for you all along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. even Carl Sandburg can have an off-day, then what about us mere mortals?
    actually, your Muse is on a roll and delights us with this witty poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Muse is a naughty wit and a splendid rhymer, and not TOO sesquipedalian (I know cos I had to look it up).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smiling broadly here in Bend ... at least Ms. Doggerel Muse didn't show up.

    ReplyDelete